Tickets Sales for The Haunting begin on Monday, October 2 at 11 am
Halloween Isn’t Just for Kids…Anymore!!
On October 25, venture (if you dare) into Downtown Orillia and experience all things that go bump in the night! You will be led through Haunted Halloween tours at the Orillia Museum of Art and History and The Orillia Opera House and will continue throughout frightful spaces in Downtown Orillia. Tour guides will be on hand to help you navigate the darkness to and from your tour destinations. Even more bloodcurdling features have been added this year so BEWARE! Features may be hidden here and there (and everywhere) just to get your blood pumping!
Here’s a highlight of what’s planned during The Haunting:
Nightmare on Peter Street Tour
* While on the Nightmare on Peter Street Tour, a mysterious illness has led to many disappearances and not all is as it seems at the Orillia Museum of Art & History….
You will be led into the darkness of the museum’s basement to endure their creepy Zombie Apocalypse Haunted House +
Pose in their creepy turn-of-the-century jail cells for an eerie Halloween photo +
Hear undisclosed stories of the Postmaster who abided there years ago +
Discover if you will survive a zombie apocalypse in a museum…
Phantom of the Orillia Opera House
* At the beginning of the Phantom of the Orillia Opera House tour you will be offered a protective smudging that will protect you while on tour +
You will be led through historical spaces throughout the iconic Opera House and enlightened with ghostly stories of spirits who still dwell there +
Catch the classic Opera House documentary regarding apparitions who inhabit the Opera House & hear creepy stories from staff who have encountered them over the years +
Follow Black Light: Uncharted as they help you find your way through the tour with their paranormal equipment detecting energies & spirits along the way. Have your own paranormal equipment? Bring it along and the Black Light team will give you a hand at detecting your own spirits while on this tour +
Get into costume & end you tour with a memento of your time on the inside! Pose in front a creepy Halloween backdrop offered by the Orillia Public Library. Be sure to share your Haunting pictures on social media by using #downtownorilliahaunting for a chance to win FREE tickets to the 2018 Haunting!
Orillia Public Library – 5:00 – 7:00 pm
* As an added feature for families, make your way into the Orillia Public Library for a Halloween Family Art Night drop in from 5:00 – 7:00 pm on Wednesday, October 25. All ages welcomed.
* Participating downtown businesses, restaurants and pubs will also offer interactive (and spooky) Haunting features, Halloween themed food + spirits + look for the Jack-o’-Lanterns in their windows and pop in for a trick-or-treat.
* Passports will be given to all tour participants to complete throughout the course of the night so be sure to hit all the haunted locations for a chance to win a prize pack.
* The Hocus Pocus doesn’t end there! The first 25 people to purchase Haunting tickets receive a FREE ticket to The Madhouse at the Geneva Event Centre, October 28. Must be 19+ to attend so get your tickets early!! DRESS UP in your BEST HALLOWEEN COSTUME for a chance to WIN a $1000 PRIZE & join Fanboy in celebrating their One Year Anniversary in Downtown Orillia!! Costume party will begin at 8 pm – 2 am. Must be 19+ to attend.
Other Frightening Details
* Four tours will be offered over the course of the night beginning at 6, 7, 8 & 9 pm. Groups will consist of 25 participants and the complete tour will take an hour and a half in total.
* Participants will begin their night on the Nightmare on Peter Street tour at the Orillia Museum of Art & History for 6 pm. From there, participants will troll up the street toward the Orillia Opera House where they will embark on a spine-chilling Phantom of the Opera House Tour for approximately 6:45 pm. The final tour will end at the Orillia Opera House at 10:30 pm. End your spine-chilling evening at one of the downtown businesses offering Haunting features or at one of the many restaurants and pubs offering Halloween fare and wicked spirits.
* Tickets are $20 and include all of the above. Tickets will be available online on October 2 and can be also be purchased at the Downtown Orillia Management Board office located at 33 Mississaga Street West.
* To purchase tour tickets you must be 16+.
* More haunted features and details to be announced so stay tuned for more terrifying features, kids activities and a list of participating businesses in the weeks to come!!!
Don’t miss out on this hair-raising Halloween event in Downtown Orillia this October!! Tickets will go on sale on October 2 at 11 am and are limited so don’t delay, get your tickets fast!!